Ticker

What I've been up to:

So I bought a sewing machine...it's been lots of fun but I definetly had alot of learning to do! I haven't sewn anything in YEARS! I started off with something simple:


Cloth wipes. These were super easy. I used an old receiving blanket and a little bit of scrap cotten fabric, cut them to the same shape, turned and topstitched the edges-Voila! Cloth wipes! They cost practically nothing to make!


Then I moved on to something else.

Soft Shoes. I made these using the Stardust soft shoe pattern (as soon as I figure out how I will come back and link to the pattern.) The 2 purple ones were my "practice." They aren't that great so I used cheap-o fabric for them. Once I got the hang of the pattern I used my good fabrics.




This is my 3rd pair and my favorite so far. I used suede for the soles & corduroy for the back of the shoes. LOVE THEM!
Okay this I didn't make but just HAD to show off. *hehe* Remember how I was desperatly searching for Ella the Elephant Fabric? Well...I bought these Ella longies off Spots & noticed whoever was selling them had Ella fabric in the background so I messaged her and asked if she had any yardage I could buy or if she had some scraps. She messaged me back & said she had scraps she would send for free. Whoo-hoo! I thought it would be small scraps...very small but nope! I was shocked when I got the package & saw this inside:

The longies of course AND a pretty decent size scrap! I know I definetly will make a pair of soft shoes with it but I will have left overs so I'm trying to think of what else I could make. She already has an Ella shirt or else I would do make an applique. Hmm..
Anyways! Thats what I've been up to! I'm alsp working on a pair of spring longies! I'm knitting them in the round-first time I've done that-so we'll see how they turn out! I'll post pics when I am done! :)

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home