Ticker

Baby Shower Games

Okay so last time I talked to my Aunt she asked me what baby shower games I wanted to play. I had no idea-I don't want to do the same ones I did with DS. So I've started "researching" games.

I probably won't do this (mostly because most the women from church are invited to my shower) but I think its pretty funny so I had to share.

Watch What You Say - (Materials: Pen and Paper). This is just a game where laughter is the prize! While the mommy-to-be is opening her gifts, have the host or one of the guests write down everything she says while she is opening each baby shower gift. When she has finished opening all the gifts, tell the guests that you would like to read something to them! Say this is what the mommy-to-be said to her man the night she conceived the baby! Then read each little saying from the list!
You will have everyone rolling in tears. Here are some funny sayings that was said at my sister's baby shower:

"Oh my gosh I've never seen one like this before!"

"Oh that feels so soft."

"Awe its so little."

Okay so its not really a game-just entertaining.


Now onto games I actually might do: (haven't decided yet if I want to do these or not. I may keep looking)

Baby Bingo-(Materials: Pens, Pre-printed blank Bingo cards) When its time to open gifts pass out a bingo card and a pen to everyone and have them fill in each blank square with baby items. (bottle, blanket, diapers, etc) The center square of course is a "freebie." As the mother to be opens gifts the guests mark off each item she opens that is on their card. First to bingo wins a prize! It's a great way to keep guests entertained while the mom opens gifts!

Diaper Doo (Materials-small pieces of white material that can be folded into small diaper lapels, safety pins, one small piece of chocolate). As guests arrive, pin a small diaper to each on their lapel. Tell them they will be told later what it's about. At the end of the party ask everyone to remove their diaper and open them up. One person should have a "special surprise" inside. The melted piece of chocolate!

I know for sure I am doing a diaper raffle. Not really a game but a great way for us to get diapers!! & of course we're going to get a pretty great raffle prize-haven't decided what yet but it will be good. :)


If anyone has any fun baby shower suggestions let me know! :)

The ones we played at DS shower:
"Never say baby" Everyone gets a safety pin when they walk in and are told they are not allowed to say baby. If someone does say baby and you hear them you get to take away their pin. Whoever has the most at the end of the shower wins a prize!

"Match the Socks" Take an odd # pairs of socks (we used 13 pairs) and unmatch them. Works best if the socks are different colors/patterns, etc. Have 2 guests get in the floor or at a table across from each other and dump the socks in the middle of them. They then have to match all the socks up quickly. Whoever pairs the most socks is a winner, but not THE winner. 2 more guests do the same, and 2 more after that until all guests have had a chance to play. Then the winners face off against each other until there is a champion. The "champ" gets a prize. (It's lots of fun if you have a competitive family like I do! It got pretty rough! Lol)

"How big is mommys belly?" You can use toilet paper or buy ribbon like rolls specifically made for this game (walmart has them and I think party america does too) Pass the roll around and have each guest cut/tear off how big they think the mom is around. After everyone has their piece of TP/ribbon they hand it to the mom to wrap around her stomach. Whoever guesses correctly (closest) wins a prize.

2 comments:

We did the "watch what you say" game at my bridal shower and everything was supposed to be what was overheard on our wedding night. HILARIOUS!

June 2, 2009 at 1:26 PM  

Oh, and I think baby bingo is a good way to keep guests entertained during gift opening.

June 2, 2009 at 1:26 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home