Ticker

Camping

So, this weekend we went camping out by the lake! My family reunion was on Saturday so we decided to just make a weekend of it! Braxton stayed with my grandma Friday night and she brought him to the reunion on Saturday. It was alot of fun. We arrived Friday night around 5 or 6 and set up camp. It was fun watching Josh & my grandparents try to set up a tent. Then we went swimming for about 30 minutes and went back to camp to eat hotdogs & smores! Mmm! Then my grandparents left and Josh and I went back out for another swim around 8ish. It was so.freaking.cold. So we didn't stay in long. We realized we had pretty much nothing to do once it got dark. Next time we'll be prepared and bring some games or something. So we kinda just sat around talking for a couple hours then went to bed.
One thing I am buying before our next camping adventure: An air mattress!!
This camping thing was MY idea, yes, it was MY idea to sleep on the ground! I thought "Oh it won't be that bad!" Oh...but it was! Josh fell asleep at 11. He obviously had no problem getting comfortable. I fell asleep at 3!! Then woke up at 5:30!! Ughhh.
I told Josh I deserve a medal.
6 months pregnant and I slept on the ground!!
Anyways, at 5:30 A.M we went to McDonalds. (I know-what great campers we are! Everyone camping around us were whipping out their grills and cooking breakfast! Pshh. We load up in the car and head to McD's!) :D
(Plus the bathrooms at the lake are so nasty--I needed to pee and I needed somewhere clean!!)
So we after we eat we head back to camp. Josh was like a child. He kept asking "Can we go swim yet?!" and I would reply "Not until it gets warmer!" Lol. So we ended up sitting around camp for SEVERAL hours until it got warm enough to swim. So around 10 I tell Josh-lets go swim. We got in the water & it still wasn't warm enough. The wind made it worse. I was shivering and had goosebumps all over me so around 11 I make us get out. Thats about the time by grandparents showed up with the boy. Then the family started gathering under the pavillion and setting up.
There's really only one reason I go to family reunions anymore. It's not for the family...because I don't even know half of them. It's not because it's at the lake. But the food. OMG the food. Every year my grandpa and his brothers go fishing. Then they freeze the fish and cook it at the reunion. Yummy! Catfish! :D Then everyone brings sides, chips, pop, desserts. It's great! :)
We had a really good time except for some more "drama" with my mom. But thats a whole other story I'm not even gonna go into!
Braxton loved swimming. I wish I had more pictures to share but in the rush of packing everything I completely forgot to pack my camera! I had it all packed up in its case with my battery charger and everything...and left it sitting on our entertainment center. Ugh! I was sooo upset! So I had to use my phone to get some pics. Next time we go camping I will remember my camera and get some better pics!
But here are a few off my phone:
Braxton LOVED the lake. We will be doing much more camping this summer! :)
Josh and I. I look awful. No makeup. Pregnancy pimple face. ew. :(

Our campsite.


0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home