Ticker

Friday

(Agh my face looks icky)

Okay Friday I got my hair done for the first time in 3, yes I said 3 years!! I'm not sure why I never got it cut before now...I just never really thought about it. But my hair was long, dry and unmanageable and I wanted something NEW. So I go in for my appointment and tell her how I want it cut. Short in back but tapered so its longer in front. She was like "Are you sure? You're positive you want it that short? You're absolutley SURE you want to cut all your hair off?" I was like...'Yeah..." haha. So she said, " Okay,as long as you're sure. I don't want to cut it all off and you get mad at me later." So she gathered the back section into a pony tail and SNIP. Bye Bye long hair. So she blunt cut it, dried it, colored it ( I told her to do any colors she wanted-that she could have fun with it. She was really excited about that AND ended up picking some great colors!) Then I waited 20 minutes for it to process, it was rinsed out then I got a shampoo+cond. and then she dried it, razored it for texture and styled it. :) Took about 2 hours & $65 but it was worth it! Oh and the colors she picked for my highlights: caramel brown, a dark red and blonde. It looks really neat! She did an awesome job! So after all that was done I was curious how much I had cut off, so she measured it and it was 13 inches!! So I'm donating it to locks of love. :)
After my appointment it was time to leave for Newcastle. There was a womens conference there and all the ladies in my church were going. (A womens conference is just a couple of Christian speakers, some food and some doorprizes. Lots of fun!) So we all load up and head out there. It was alot of fun. The speakers Michelle Powers and Daphne Delay have been to our church as guests several times and I just love them to death. :) I won't see them again until Sept. 19th so hopefully I will have the baby before then! :) I won't go into details about everything that was talked about since it lasted about 5 hours but I do want to share a story.
This man walks into a barber shop and everyone is sitting around discussing heavy topios such as religion and politics. He didn't want to get involved in it so he just sat down quietly as the barber cut his hair. The barber went on and on about how he didn't believe there could be a "good God" when there is so many horrible things on earth such as poverty, crime, etc. If there was a God he could fix all these things. The man was a Christian, but didn't have an answer to what the barber was saying. He didn't know why God allowed all these things either. The barber finished up his haircut and he paid and started to walk out the door. As he was walking out he saw a homeless man who was dirty and unshaven. The man turns around and says "I don't believe there is such thing as a barber." The barber looked at him strangely and said "Well, I am one." The man said, "If there is such thing as a barber then why is that man over there unshaven?" The barber replied, "Because he doesn't come to me." and the man said, "I believe thats Gods problem too."
I just LOVED that! Daphne has so many neat stories like that! Anyways, we got out of there about midnight. There were 4 of us riding together in my car. My grandma, my cousin, a woman from my church (cindy) and myself. Well we get in the car, get all buckled up and start to pull out when all of a sudden we hear this voice. "911 operator what is your emergency?" I immediatly pull my phone out of my purse to see if I accidentally dialed. Nope. Cindy checks her phone. Not her. We heard the voice again. So my grandma says "Hello, can you hear me?" and the operator replies "Yes. What is your emergency?" My grandma starts leaning in towards my dashboard and talking to my car!! She says "I don't even know where your voice is coming from!!" Finally I tell her-"Nan, CHECK YOUR PHONE!" and sure enough she had accidentally dialed 911 while it was in her purse. So she gets on there and apologizes and as soon as she hung up all 4 of us just started bursting out in laughter. I think this is probably one of those "You had to be there" stories but I'm sharing it anyways! We laughed and laughed and then Holy Laughter hit us and we could.not.STOP! It was incredible! Haha
One more thing-on our way home Josh text me and said he had a surpise for me at home. Well...I'm impatient and couldn't wait so I asked him to tell me what it was. So he did. He set up the crib finally! YAY!!!! Funny thing is-he set it up in the living room and then cleared out a spot for it in our room and was going to move it in there...but the crib won't fit through the door! So now I guess he is going to have to take it apart and put it together in the bedroom! LOL
Well...that was my Friday night. got home around 1 and stayed up til about 2 talking to Josh.
We're taking Braxton to the ZOO today! Whoo!!! He hasn't been there since he was 5 months old so it should be alot of fun! Pictures will be here today or tomorrow! :D

1 comments:

LOVE your hair!!!! Looks great!

My stepdad recently gave me the advice to have DH set up the crib in the nursery and not in the living room b/c we'll never be able to get it through the door. Eeek! Guess you found that out the hard way. :( :(

June 17, 2009 at 10:59 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home