Ticker

My Poor Braxton

Braxton got sick last night. It started around 5:30. He vomited several times within the next 2 hours. Josh had class at 6 & right before he left I jumped into a bubble bath to try to relax (at this point Brax had just thrown up once so I figured he was fine) Well, Josh left for school & Braxton started to throw up. I jumped out of the bath & checked on Braxton. He threw up 2-3 times so I called Josh. I was crying because I felt so bad, there was nothing I could do to make him feel better. Josh decided to come home & help me. From 6-8 he threw up 4-5 more times and finally just fell asleep on the floor. He slept for an hour and then woke up and immediatly vomited again. 20-30 minutes later he did it again. We put on one of his favorite cartoons and started watching it. He seemed pretty content and even started dancing to the music & acting like himself. But that didn't last long. He threw up once more & we decided maybe we should try to get some sleep. Braxton fell asleep quickly. He woke up at 1 am b/c I had to get up and pee. He got up and followed me to the bathroom where he started holding his tummy & saying "boo-boo" then came the vomit. He wanted a drink of water but I was kinda worried about giving it to him since everytime I tried to give him anything to drink he threw it up. But he was thirsty so I couldn't deny him a drink. I got him some water & we went back to bed. DH woke up & Braxton wanted to cuddle with him. We just sat on the bed for awhile & talked, and then-Braxton threw up all over the place. All over our bed & blankets. Ew. We started wondering what we should do. Was he vomiting enough for us to take him to the ER? & even if we did what would they do, what CAN they do? Give him medicine to stop the vomiting temporarily, tell us to give him clear fluids and send us home after 3 hours. As we were talking Braxton fell asleep so we cleaned up the mess he made and flipped the mattress over. We decided to just go back to sleep & that I would call his dr in the morning. We prayed for him and then we both fell asleep. Braxton slept until about 6 or 6:30. He got up and asked DH for some juice, DH gave him some & he came back to bed & slept 2 more hours. It's now 9 am & he has kept the juice down! Yay! He's also been drinking alot of water this morning & has kept it all down!

I just got off the phone with the pediatrician & she said if he hasn't vomitted since 1 am then he is getting over whatever it was he had. She said "it" usually lasts about 12 hours. Not sure what "it" is, maybe a stomach bug or something? She said to keep offering small amounts of clear fluids & slowly introduce some solids today & to call back if he starts vomiting again but she doesn't think he will. YAY! The worst part is over! I just need to get some sleep now!

Newer Post Older Post Home