Ticker

SOOOO MAD!



Okay. So orginally I had the wooden letters that spelled out Adelyn hanging from ribbon, but I thought I might like it better if I got rid of the ribbon and found a different way to hang them so there was no ribbon or anything.
So while at walmart a few nights ago I got thick double sided tape-like stuff that is used for hanging pictures and stuff.
So I cut squares and put 3-4 on each letter and had DH hang them for me since I'm soo bad at getting things straight and neat looking. Well he spaced the letters too far apart for my liking so I said screw it, I'll give it a shot myself.
So I started taking the "A" down, I just yanked it right off the wall......and the freaking paint came off with it!! I gently tried taking down the other letters-some I was succesful at others, not so much. So now we have several spots on the wall that is missing paint! I am so mad at myself! I honestly did NOT think that was going to happen. I mean the whole purpose of that tape is for use on walls that cannot have damage (like nail holes) yet it caused soo much damage!
What is even worse is we are RENTING this house. Ugh. I really hope DH knows how to fix this because I sure don't. Tonight I'm going to buy more ribbon and just stick with that method.

1 comments:

Just buy some spackel to spackel over the holes/damage, and then get some touch-up paint to paint over them. If there isn't any leftover paint in the house anywhere, you might need to ask a landlord what color they used.

We used double sided tape to hang our wall letters and we re-positioned them a few times and they never messed up the wall. DH said it was by the regular Scotch tape brand.

September 4, 2009 at 7:57 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home