Ticker

Big day...


I am 10 weeks today! (I think, still not sure! Maybe I'll call today) I feel soo much better!! 2 more weeks and I can almost completly relax! I googled around trying to figure out if the chance of m/c goes down after a heartbeat is seen and I found this:

Doctors generally agree that the risk of miscarriage decreases once the pregnancy reaches a point that an ultrasound can detect a heartbeat. The exact amount that it decreases, however, seems to vary by group.
It's hard to say any exact numbers from the available research, but here are some statistics that certain studies have come up with.
For women with no vaginal bleeding, most estimates suggest that the odds or having a miscarriage after seeing a heartbeat are about 4%.
For women with vaginal bleeding but also a detected heartbeat on ultrasound, risk of miscarriage is about 13% according to one study.
One study found that about 17% of women with a history of recurrent miscarriages will miscarry after seeing a heartbeat on the ultrasound.
Mothers over 35 also face significant miscarriage risk after ultrasound detects a heartbeat, even though the risk does drop after detecting the heartbeat. A 1996 study found that women over 36 have a 16% risk of miscarriage at this point, and women over 40 have a 20% risk.

I'm not going to put myself in the reccurant m/c category because we found out why I was having the miscarriages and we fixed it :) So my chances of having a healthy pregnancy is 96%, I'll take that :) lol

Anyways, today is DH and I's 2nd wedding anniversary!! I'm not sure if we're gonna get to do anything...Braxton will be here and we're broke til payday, we can't even have sex b/c its only been 5 days since we were treated and we have to wait 7 days. Maybe we'll just snuggle up with Braxton on the couch and watch movies or something :)

So..I've been taking weekly photos of my belly..and I'm gonna post them as soon as it actually looks like I'm showing...haha..the past few weeks its just been bloat so as soon as I start getting a bump they'll go on here :)

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home